Sophora japonica, Soybeans (Latin name: Glycine mao(L).Merr.) and soy foods are the major dietary sources of these substances. Nonfermented soy foods, such as tofu, contain higher levels of the genistein glycosides, while fermented soy foods, such as tempeh and miso, contain higher levels of the aglycone.
Descriptions and Specifications of Product
Plant original: Glycine mao(L).Merr.
Specifications: 98.0% Genistein Test by HPLC
Molecular Formula: C15H10O5
Molecular Mass: 270.24
CAS No: 446-72-0
Indications and Uses
Genistein is classified as a phytoestrogen which are plant-derived nonsteroidal compounds that possess estrogen-like biological activity. Genistein has been found to have both weak estrogenic and weak anti-estrogenic effects.Genistein has weak estrogenic activity as measured in in vivo and in vitro assays. In vivo,its estrogenic activity is one-third that of glycitein and four times greater than that of daidzein.
Genistein has been found to have a number of antioxidant activities. It is a scavenger of reactive oxygen species and inhibits lipid peroxidation.It also inhibits superoxide anion generation by the enzyme xanthine oxidase. In addition, genistein, in animal experiments, has been found to increase the activities of the antioxidant enzymes superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase, catalase and glutathione reductase.
Many of the often-cited genotoxic effects of genistein, including apoptosis, cell growth inhibition, topoisomerase inhibition and others become less obvious. Recent cellular, epigenetic and microarray studies are beginning to decipher genistein effects that occur at dietarily relevant low concentrations. In toxicology, the well accepted principle of "the dose defines the poison" applies to many toxicants and can be invoked, as herein, to distinguish genotoxic versus potentially beneficial in vitro effects of natural dietary products such as genistein.
In consideration of levels of dietary genistein uptake and bioavailability we have defined in vitro concentrations of genistein >5 microM as non-physiological, and thus "high" doses.
The optimum dosage of genistein is unknown. In Asia, population groups who eat soy foods daily containing 20 mg to 80 mg of genistein have lower rates of breast and prostate cancer than do groups in the West with less
genistein in their diets. However, we don't know whether genistein (or even soy isoflavones generally) are responsible for this effect.
Storage and shelf life:
Storage: 1kg foil bag, 25kg/drum , double plastic bags for inner packing and carton drum for outer packing
Stored conditions: Cool&dry place. Do not freeze. Keep away from strong light and heat
Shelf time: 2 years when stored properly
New supply information
- Changsha Huakang Biotechnology Development Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with the highest quality and best service. To Buy
- Changsha Inner Natural Inc. can provide Genistein extract with Rigorous Technical Process and high-qulified raw material. To Buy
- Guangzhou Boan Health Product Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with the best service. To Buy
- Shanghai Hanwish Industrial Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with a pretty good price and the earliest delivery date. To Buy
- Xi'an Bosheng Biological Technology Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with first class service. To Buy
- Sinoway Industrial Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with the highest quality and best service. To Buy
- Tobio,Inc can provide Genistein extract with skilled rigorous process. To Buy
- Xi'an Frankherb Biotech Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with the best service. To Buy
- Shanghai Korey Pharm Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with high quality and low price. To Buy
- Anhui Ruisen Biological Technology Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract from organic raw material. To Buy
- Beijing Outsell Health Product Development Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with high quality and low price. To Buy
- A.H.A International Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with top quality and optimum delivery term. To Buy
- Green Agriculture Inc can provide Genistein extract with low Pesticide Residue. To Buy
- Shanghai Polymet Commodities Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with good quality. To Buy
- Kyorichi (Henan) Industries Co., Ltd. can provide Genistein extract with low Microbiological. To Buy
More supply information
- Genistein extract supply list 1
- Genistein extract supply list 2
- Genistein extract supply list 3
- Genistein extract supply list 4
Recommended Professional Manufacture ››